Sunday, September 18, 2016

0x80190194 OAB Error when Migrating to Exchange 2016

When migrating from Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2016, I encountered an error 0x80190194 when downloading the Offline Address Book on workstations.

0x80190194 The Operation Failed

 
0x80190194 is a very common error when downloading the OAB and there are many server side problems which can generate this error.

Exchange 2013 by default had the servers responsible for the Offline Address Book hard coded as a Virtual Directory as shown below.


In Exchange 2016, by default we no longer want to hard code the Virtual Directories and instead enable GlobalWebDistribution which allows the Autodiscover service to automatically select the best Virtual Directory for the distribution request.

To set this up, we want to ensure the VirtualDirectories attribute for each Offline Address Book is set to $null.  We also want to ensure GlobalWebDistribution is enabled so that Autodiscover can take care of it.

This is done with the following command.

Get-OfflineAddressBook | Where {$_.ExchangeVersion.ExchangeBuild.Major -Eq 15} | Set-OfflineAddressBook -GlobalWebDistributionEnabled $True -VirtualDirectories $Null

Following this, perform an iisreset.

The Offline Address Book now downloads correctly again on Exchange 2016.

Need IT Support in Perth?  Contact Avantgarde Technologies now.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 17 APRIL 2016, and i saw a marvelous testimony of Tracie Aldana from United States on the forum about the good works DR OSEMU. I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR OSEMU did a marvelous work for me that restored my marriage of 4 years by getting back my divorced wife just as i read on the internet. I was truly shocked when my wife knelt down pleading for forgiveness to accept her back. I am really short of words to use to show my appreciation to DR OSEMU. For his a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of marriage. Here is his email if you need any kind of help. ( Doctorokpamenspelltemple@hotmail.com ), Website: doctorokpamenpowerfulspelltemple.webs.com, call and whats App him on +2348135254384.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real love Spell to Get your ex back very fast online!
    My name is Claire Griffiths from UK, When my husband breakup with me, I was so frustrated and i could not know what next to do again, I love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with another woman and this makes him break up with me so that he can be able to get marred to the other lady and this lady i think use witchcraft on my husband to make him hate me and my kids and this was so critical and uncalled-for,I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to get back my man until i went to London to see a friend and who was having the same problem with me but she latter got her husband back and i asked her how she was able to get her husband back and she told me that their was a powerful spell caster called Dr.Unity that he help with love spell in getting back lost lover back, and i decided to contact the same Dr.Unity and he told me what is needed to be done for me to have my man back and i did it although i doubted it but i did it and the Dr told me that i will get the result after 28hours, and he told me that my husband was going to call me and i still doubted his word, to my surprise my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together as one big family and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Unity of Unityspelltemple@gmail.com, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr.Unity is best spell caster online who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr.Unity on his email: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or Add him up on Whats-app: +2348071622464,
    visit his website for more details:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete