Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Connecting to the configuration partition of an LDS Instance

LDS Instances like Active Directory also have a Configuration Partition and a Schema Partition. On TechNet it is documented:

By default, the security principal that you specify as the AD LDS administrator during AD LDS setup becomes a member of the Administrators group in the configuration partition.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731143.aspx

How do I get to the configuration partition in an LDS Instance?

Well if I connect to my application partition created during the LDS installation wizard and go to my Administrators, I can see nested inside is another Administrators group residing inside the Configuration Partition.



I can now connect to this using ADSIEdit.



Under the administrators group in the configuration partition I can find the account used when I installed the LDS Instance as per Microsoft documentation on TechNet.

No comments:

Post a Comment