Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 ppp connect on boot problem

I'm running Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 and I noticed a bug with it.

cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=9.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=jaunty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 9.04"

I setup my adsl connection with pppoeconf... in the pppoeconf wizard I specify to connect automatically on boot. This adds the following to my /etc/network/interfaces file:

auto dsl-provider
iface dsl-provider inet ppp
provider dsl-provider
# please do not modify the following line
pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up # line maintained by pppoeconf

This ususally automatically connects the adsl connection on boot however for some reason in jaunty it doesnt work. To get around this I just added it to the bottom of my rc.local file in /etc/init.d. I told it to sleep for 10 seconds before trying to connect:



If anyone knows the proper fix please let me know... this is just a handy work around.

No comments:

Post a Comment