Monday, May 2, 2016

Windows 7 Computers Rebooting During Day for Updates

A customer was having an issue where Windows 7 computers randomly rebooted during the day for Windows Updates without providing a prompt for users the option to postpone updates.  This was resulting in frustrated users with computers rebooting in the middle of sending important emails, word processing tasks etc.

We checked Group Policy Windows Update settings, all was configured correctly however computers still rebooted.

After troubleshooting further, we found that a deadline in WSUS was set to "Same day approval at 5:00AM".  This meant as a deadline was set at 5:00AM in the morning, as soon a computers received the update upon boot, they already missed the deadline and immediately installed without prompting users to postpone the reboot.


We removed the setting for same day approval and this resolved the problem.

Avantgarde Technologies, a leading IT Support Perth based company.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 17 APRIL 2016, and i saw a marvelous testimony of Tracie Aldana from United States on the forum about the good works DR OSEMU. I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR OSEMU did a marvelous work for me that restored my marriage of 4 years by getting back my divorced wife just as i read on the internet. I was truly shocked when my wife knelt down pleading for forgiveness to accept her back. I am really short of words to use to show my appreciation to DR OSEMU. For his a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of marriage. Here is his email if you need any kind of help. ( Doctorokpamenspelltemple@hotmail.com ), Website: doctorokpamenpowerfulspelltemple.webs.com, call and whats App him on +2348135254384.

    ReplyDelete